15-17 Aug 2019 : Experience Bylakuppe with the Monks (3-Day All-inclusive package) - Ex Bengaluru
Experience Bylakuppe with the Monks
Dates: 15th Aug - 17th Aug, 2019, Ex Bengaluru
Transport, meals and accommodation included
It's time to dive deeper into the cultural aspect of a destination and get a perspective of its social, historical and cultural heritage. Discover India right from the roots! We bring to you a never before experience that will let you interact with people from different walks of life and a chance to delve into their lifestyle and culture. This 3-day travel experience will let you explore Bylakuppe in its truest form.
Bylakuppe, Karnataka is known for being home to several Tibetan settlements. In 1960, the Karnataka Government allotted nearly 3,000 acres of land at Bylakuppe in Mysore district in Karnataka and the first-ever Tibetan exile settlement, Lugsung Samdupling came into existence. Bylakuppe also has several agricultural settlements, residential colonies and has a number of major Tibetan Buddhist monasteries. Most notable among them are the Namdroling Monastery (also known as the Golden temple), Sera Monastery, an important educational monastic institution and the newly built Tashi Lhunpo Monastery.
Here's what you'll experience in this package:
A Thangka is a Tibetan Buddhist painting on cotton, silk appliqu, usually depicting a Buddhist deity, scene, or mandala. Thangkas are traditionally kept unframed and rolled up when not on display, mounted on a textile backing somewhat in the style of Chinese scroll paintings, with a further silk cover on the front. Most thangkas were intended for personal meditation or instruction for monastic students. They often have elaborate compositions including a central deity, often surrounded by other identified figures in a symmetrical composition.
Thangkas serve as important teaching tools depicting the life of the Buddha, various influential lamas and other deities and bodhisattvas.
- Early morning drive from Bangalore towards Bylakuppe. Arrive in Bylakuppe by noon. Check-in at the guest house. Visit the Namdroling Monastery (Golden Temple).
- Have lunch at the guest house and rest.
- Meet a Thangka artist for a Thangka art orientation.
- Watch a documentary movie 'Kundun', based on the life of Dalai Lama.
- Enjoy dinner at the guest house and get a good night's rest.
Debate Sessions are one of the most interesting parts of a visit to any monastery. In many Tibetan monasteries, you can watch the debates in the afternoons, held in special debating areas that are usually courtyards, orchards or grass lawns with trees shades.
At the start of the debates, monks are normally paired, with one monk standing and the other sitting (Challenger & Defender). The standing monk poses the question that is the subject of the debate, and the sitting monk must answer. As soon as the monk asks his question - which is normally composed of a logical argument on the philosophical teachings of Buddhism and includes many hand gestures and movements - the monk claps his hands together, signifying he is finished, and giving the sitting monk the time to answer.
- Freshen up in the morning and assemble for Breakfast.
- Have an interactive session with the monks in Sera Jay Monastic University about Buddhist philosophies, exile from Tibet and Tibetan culture.
- Break for lunch. Rest.
- Participate in the evening Debate session based on the interactive session with the monks.
- Dinner and Overnight stay at hotel.
Sketching can help us gain a deeper understanding of the architectural designs and the minute details of the buildings that we come across. Each person has their own perspective about the same element and these elements can be made memorable by sketching.
- Freshen up and have breakfast.
- Sketch walk around Tashi Lunpho monastery and the surrounding village.
- Break for lunch.
- Proceed for the return journey towards Bangalore / Mysore.
Note: Accommodation for Foreign nationals will be in either in Kushalnagar or Madikeri
Experience Bylakuppe with the Monks [ 2 Nights 3 Days] - INR 18400 per person
- Transport from Bangalore to Byalkupe and back in a AC Tempo Traveller.
- All toll, taxes and permits, presenter fees.
- Local English Speaking Tour Presenter in the Bylakuppe.
- Twin sharing accommodation in Sera Jey Monastic guest house, Bylakuppe.
- All meals and experiences as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Transport services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Extra services like laundry, wellness, spa.
- Alcoholic Beverages.
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- 50% if cancelled / amended 30 days in advance.
- 100% if cancelled / amended 15 days in advance or later.
- Credit/Debit card cancellations will be charged 5% extra.
- Refund shall be made under following conditions:
- Booking was cancelled.
- Booking was not delivered to the recipient. (This does not include the case for unfounded recipient)
- If there is any complaint regarding the quality of the services, we will inquire about the same and if it is found to be true, the customer will get a full or partial refund.
- Booking was cancelled.
- A refund can only be requested in case of service failure; our team will evaluate if a booking qualifies for a refund and the decision of our management will be final.
- No refund shall be made for unutilised services in a curated experience.
Feel free to contact email@example.com for any further queries