Barley is a grain that has been used in India traditionally, but eventually gave way to the more popular rice and wheat. However, the popularity of barley is back on the rise, as people realise what they’re missing out on! Now even babies can benefit from the nutrition of barley with Little Moppet Foods’ Organic Barley Cereal.
Barley is a very high fibre food with a fibre content that is almost thrice that of oatmeal. This helps babies have smooth bowel movements, without straining and discomfort. It also contains good amounts of calcium and potassium, ensuring strong bones for growing babies. Some studies have also shown that eating barley in infancy reduces the incidence of asthma in childhood. Barley contains gluten, so it is essential to ensure that your baby doesn’t have a gluten intolerance or celiac disease before feeding him barley.
Little Moppet Foods’ Organic Barley Cereal is specially made for infants. It uses only 100% organic barley, grown without chemical fertilisers or pesticides, ensuring only nutritional goodness for your baby.
Weight: 200 g
Ingredients: Organic Barley
Shelf Life: 4 months from the date of manufacturing.
Age Recommendation: 6 months & above
- High in fibre
- Rich in amino acids and protein
- Contains trace minerals like copper, potassium, phosphorous and calcium
- 100% free from preservatives, added sugar and artificial flavours.
How to prepare
- Add 2 tablespoons of Organic Barley Cereal to 2 cups of water and mix without lumps.
- Cook the mixture on a low flame for at least 15-20 minutes or in a pressure cooker for two whistles.
- You can add breast milk or formula if you like.
- Serve lukewarm.