Handwoven Ikat Laptop Bag - Blue and Grey
This handcrafted laptop bag is made in blue and grey Pochampally Ikat fabric which is a traditional textile handwoven in Telangana. It features a long adjustable strap with shoulder padding as well as a handle. It has one big compartment along with a front pocket for folders and files, as well as a small zip pocket. The bag is secured with a zip closure. The interior of the bag is water resistant.
Product description: Handwoven Ikat Laptop Bag Blue and Grey
Package contains: 1 Handwoven Ikat Laptop Bag Blue and Grey
Material: Handwoven Ikat Cotton
Colour: Blue and Grey
Dimensions (cms): 28 x 39 x 6.3
The Story of Ikat
Ikat refers to a resist dyeing technique used to create designs on the fabric. For weaving Ikat, a design is first chosen and bundles of yarn are tightly wrapped together at certain spots and then dyed as many times as is required to achieve the appropriate colours.The tied spots resist the dye ie. they aren't dyed.
What makes ikat different is that the yarns are dyed before being woven into cloth. Once the yarns are dyed and dried, the weaver unties the binding and string them up on the loom before beginning the weaving process.The final colorful pattern emerges as the dyed yarn is woven into cloth. This is an incredibly complicated process, as the weaver has to precisely dye the threads, and line them up correctly so it forms the correct pattern when woven. Typically, Ikat patterns follow geometric patterns, but it is not uncommon to come across motifs of animals, birds and flowers. Pochampally, a town in telangana is a globally famous centre of Ikat weaving. Pochampally ikat textiles get their colour from natural sources only.
This laptop bag belongs to The Upcycle Project, born out of Chanchal's process of excellence where every piece of fabric is used. This collection has been put together using the fabric left over from their various other collections. Sustainability is not a choice for us. It is built into our DNA, say the founders of Chanchal and, by supporting this brand, you are making an ecofriendly choice to support fabric upcycling a process that keeps thousands of tons of textile waste out of landfills everyday.
What's more, the fabrics are sourced directly from weaving houses and cooperatives and every bag is handcrafted using traditional techniques. This means that with every bag you buy, you're encouraging Indian crafts and helping provide our artisans a sustainable livelihood.
Why we like it
The laptop bag really stands out from the crowd by combining a centuries old craft with a functional. contemporary design. The delicate pattern is testament to the days of painstaking labour required to create each piece. Each bag is truly one of a kind since it is handcrafted and carries the signatures of the artistic process. It is roomy enough to carry your laptop and other office essentials and documents.
As someone who's always on the lookout for traditional, handmade accessories featuring Indian handwoven textile, this pretty and useful laptop bag is a fantastic find! It is spacious enough to fit my laptop and documents as well as a charger and other electronics. It's also a great option as a gift for a friend or sister who loves handlooms.
We’re sorry you have to return your order! But we totally understand, it happens, and we want to make it as easy for you as possible.
The Better India Shop covers easy returns for 365 days . That's our commitment to you.
Just inform us by sending a mail to email@example.com mentioning your order ID. It would also really help us to know why you’d like to return the product, so we can improve our services to you.
We'll then arrange to pick up the item you wish to return. Just hand the item in its original packaging to the courier personnel when they come by.
Once we receive the item, our team will evaluate the product received and process a refund to you minus the cost of the shipping (because that goes straight to the courier company). It’s that simple!
Note: In order to process a return, the product cannot be used, and must be in its original packaging. It must also be in its original condition as received. Please also read the exceptions section for all the types of products that are not eligible for return.
In all cases, the decision on whether to process the refund rests with The Better India Shop.
Read on for further details!
Our return policy covers manufacturing defects that render the product unusable at the time of delivery. It also covers a return based on lack of satisfaction with the product as a whole.
Please note: Several of our products are hand-crafted, and minor to significant variations in size, colour or finish might occur. These are not covered under the return policy.
To be eligible for a return under the above conditions, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in its original packaging.
In case you receive a damaged or unusable product, we request you to please take a photograph of it as soon as possible and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for an immediate refund.
EXCEPTIONS TO THE RETURNS POLICY
Some types of goods are exempt from being returned.
- Perishable/degradable items cannot be returned.
- We do not accept products that are intimate, such as innerwear, sanitary goods, toothbrushes, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
- Additional non-returnable items: Gift cards and downloadable software products.
- There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted: (if applicable) such as products with obvious signs of use.
- In case a return window of less than 365 days is specified in any particular product description (such as electronics, travel packages, food, etc.), the 365 day return window would not be applicable. The return window for such products would be as mentioned in their product descriptions.
- We would not be able to process a return request for any item that is returned beyond 365 days after delivery.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A RETURN:
- To initiate your return request, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Please send us an email at email@example.com with your reason for return, and a copy of the invoice or proof of purchase. An accompanying photograph of the item in question would be appreciated.
- We will email you back a return slip with all the details needed for your product return.
- Please pack the item in its original packing and affix the return slip/label to the top of the package. If you do not have a printer at home, please write the details down clearly on a plain piece of paper and affix it to the package.
- We will arrange a courier pick up of the returnable parcel (to the same address that the parcel was delivered)
- Please ensure that the parcel is properly packed and the label affixed firmly to the top, otherwise there is a chance that the pick-up might be rejected by the courier company.
- Once the parcel reaches us, is inspected and deemed fit for a refund, we will issue you a refund minus the cost of courier charges (as this amount goes directly to the courier)
- Please note, The Better India reserves the right to process your refund based on the condition of the items received.
REFUNDS: We will send you a notification email on the approval or rejection status of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 30 days.
LATE OR MISSING REFUNDS (IF APPLICABLE): If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SALE ITEMS (IF APPLICABLE) Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
EXCHANGES (IF APPLICABLE): We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and we will process the exchange on similar lines as product returns
GIFTS If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you. If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and s/he will find out about your return.
Please visit the FAQ for additional information on other topics.